- Finger Joint/Poplar/Eucalyptus Core
- Black/Brown Phenolic Film Overlay (HDO)
Film faced plywood is exterior plywood used for concrete shuttering and forming. Chinese film faced plywood is intensively used by the formwork industry. The wood panels are made with high-grade veneers with WBP bond which can withstand weather and water boiling. Both sides are coated with a phenolic film overlay.
Trade Names: phenolic board, formply, formwork plywood, phenolic film faced plywood, black marine plywood, MDO HDO overlay plyform, PSF plywood.
Standard thicknesses and sizes
- Great strength for load-bearing
- ‘Waterproof’ seal on four edges
- Weather and boil-resistant bond
- The sheet is square and dimensionally stable
- Overlay phenolic film is smooth and easy to take off from the cured concrete, easy to clean
- High-quality concrete cast surface
- Minimal deflection due to exceptional stiffness
- High durability – Multiple Re-uses
- Easy to machine and fix using standard machining and fastening methods
- Lightweight – Easy to handle on site
- Good chemical (alkali) resistance
The phenolic film overlay is super smooth and waterproof. The four edges of the panel sheet is also sealed in order to obtain a waterproof capability. The glue inside the plywood is WBP weather and boiling proof bond. It is not 100% waterproof but the treatment can prevent the plywood to swell under humid.
Due to its durability film faced plywood is widely used in concrete forming and vehicle flooring, loading platforms, truck and trailer floors and wagons.
Phenolic bonded plywood is used for load-bearing but it is not necessarily structural. Non-structural plywood can also be used in the formwork.
Finger joint core plywood is made from recycled plywood. It is weaker compared with full core poplar but much cheaper in price. It can be used 2-4 times.
World Famous Film Faced Plywood
Wisa, Korindo, Sveza, Koskisen, Metsä Wood
Chinese Film Faced Plywood By Material
There are 3 main types of wood material used for the production of film faced plywood in China. It is important to know the choices if you decide to import it from China.
- Eucalyptus Core (Best Quality)
- Poplar Core (Most Popular)
- Finger Joint Core (Best Price)
Finger joint core marine plywood is the lowest priced plywood for formwork use. Its low price relies on cheaper core that is recycled from used plywood. It is only recommended for small projects with good protections for workers.